A graduate of the University of Richmond Law School, Mo Sherman has spent the last several years learning from the best criminal defense attorneys in the Commonwealth. He interned with the Office of the Federal Public Defender on two separate occasions, as well as with the Richmond Public Defender and the Law Offices of Stone, Cardwell & Dinkin. Mo spent his first year following law school as a Law Clerk for the Honorable T.J. Hauler, Chief Judge of the 12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia and has made his long-awaited return to our law firm.
Mo practices with unique, passionate, and professional advocacy that yields excellent results for his clients. While he focuses much of his practice on criminal law, particularly drug and traffic offenses, Mo also handles personal injury, civil litigation and criminal appeals.
Mo Sherman graduated cum laude from the University of Richmond Law School. He served as the Chief Justice of the Honor Council as well as on the Moot Court and Trial Advocacy boards, and was the recipient of the 2015 Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award for his performance in mock trial. At graduation, Mo was selected to join the Order of the Barristers, a national honorary organization that recognizes individuals who have excelled in advocacy and service at their respective schools.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Appeals
- Virginia, 2016
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- Honors: Order of the Barrister, Chief Justice and Student Advocate of the Honor Council, Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award Recipient, Trial Advocacy Board Mock Trial Champion and Board Member, Moot Court Semi-Finalist and Board Member, CALI Award for Highest Grade in Negotiation
- Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- Masters of Education in Administration and Supervision
Past Employment Positions
- Chesterfield County Circuit Court, Law Clerk
- Office of the Federal Public Defender of the Eastern District of Virginia, Fellow and Intern
- Richmond Public Defender, Intern